The purpose of this study is to identify the social, environmental, technical, and economic impacts, costs, and benefits of a potential realignment of Farrington Highway (State Route 93) in the vicinity of Mākaha Beach Park near Kili Drive. The study team will also consider other alternatives and will solicit input from the public and other stakeholders. The information and input from this study will be used to develop a consensus on a locally preferred alternative and other recommendations.
OahuMPO will serve as the manager for this study in consultation with the Hawaii Department of Transportation and the City and County of Honolulu Department of Transportation Services. This study is being funded through the OahuMPO Overall Work Program.
- Mākaha Beach Park Master Plan Report (1998)
- Waianae Emergency Access Road Environmental Assessment (2002)
- Waianae Sustainable Communities Plan (2012)
- Draft Summary of Existing Conditions Report
- Draft Cultural Resources Existing Conditions Report
- Draft Natural Resources Existing Conditions Report
- Draft Transportation Existing Conditions Report
Kiana Otsuka, Transportation Planner
Phone: (808) 587-2015