Citizen Advisory Committee
February 24, 2016 –
NOTICE OF MEETING
Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 3:30 p.m.
Honolulu Hale, Room 301
530 South King Street, Honolulu, Hawaii
Estimated Meeting Duration: 60 minutes
All meeting materials can be downloaded from the following link: https://www.oahumpo.org/about-mpo/committees/citizen-advisory-committee/cac-resources/
FOR DISCUSSION AND ACTION:
- Approval of the January 20, 2016 Meeting Minutes
- Honolulu City Council Bills 8 and 84 – John Goody & Daniel Alexander (20 min)
CAC Members John Goody (AARP) & Daniel Alexander (Hawaii Bicycling League) will brief members on current City Council Bills 8 and 84, which have significant implications for Complete Streets. The discussion includes a draft resolution for approval by CAC members.
- CAC Member Polling Results – Joseph Magaldi (10 min)
Chair Magaldi will present a summary of the results of the 2016 CAC Member Poll including respondents’ desired meeting date/time/location and potential discussion topics.
- Draft Oahu Regional Transportation Plan 2040 – Chris Clark (25 min)
The Oahu Regional Transportation Plan (ORTP) 2040 is a Federally-required planning document that establishes a long-range vision for surface transportation on Oahu and identifies projects and programs to help achieve that vision. Projects in the ORTP become eligible for Federal funding assistance. The ORTP must be updated at least every five years. The deadline for the next update is April 2016. OahuMPO staff will make a presentation on the draft of the ORTP 2040.
- OahuMPO Meeting Highlights ? Amy Ford-Wagner (5 min)
A summary of OahuMPO Policy Board meeting on January 26, 2016, and the Technical Advisory Committee meeting on February 12, 2016.
- Other Business
Information on transit access via TheBus is available by calling 848-5555 or by visiting www.thebus.org. Pedestrian access is from Punchbowl and King Streets; bicycle racks are available at Honolulu Hale. Wheelchair access is provided in front of Honolulu Hale, parallel to King Street. Take elevators inside Honolulu Hale to the 3rd floor. Automobile parking is available in the City & County of Honolulu parking lot at the Fasi Municipal Building (free after 4:00 p.m.); entrances are located on Beretania & Alapai Streets.
Parking will not be validated.
To request language interpretation, or an auxiliary aid or service (i.e., sign language interpreter, or materials in alternative format), contact OahuMPO at 587-2015 (voice only) six (6) days prior to the meeting date. TTY users may use TRS to contact our office.
PUBLIC TESTIMONY will be accepted on any agenda item. Testimony will be accepted as follows:
- Written documentation of oral testimony is requested (submit 1 original to OahuMPO staff).
- Any person wishing to speak on an agenda item may register by:
- Calling 587-2015 at least two (2) hours prior to the start of the meeting (please call prior to the close of the preceding business day if you wish to testify at meetings starting before 10:00 a.m.); or
- Signing up in person at the meeting prior to the start of the meeting; or
- Indicating you wish to testify by raising your hand when the Chair calls for testimony at the meeting.
- Note: Submittal of written testimony does not automatically place you on the list for oral testimony.
- To help facilitate the distribution of written testimony please submit to the OahuMPO office at least 24 hours prior to the start of the meeting (for Monday meetings or meetings after a holiday, please submit written testimony to the OahuMPO office by the prior business morning).
- Written testimony may be sent to the OahuMPO via e-mail (email@example.com), fax (587-2018), or mail to:
Oahu Metropolitan Planning Organization
707 Richards Street, Suite 200
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813-4623
Note: Submittal of written testimony does not automatically place you on the list for oral testimony. See above for ways you can provide oral testimony.
Note: Any personal information (such as home addresses, home phone numbers, cell phone numbers) included on the written testimony will become public information.
To request language interpretation, an auxiliary aid or service (i.e., sign language interpreter, or materials in alternative format), contact OahuMPO at 587-2015 (voice only) six (6) days prior to the meeting date. TTY users may use TRS to contact our office. Please note that requests made less than the six (6) days requested cannot be assured.
The City and County of Honolulu is using the OahuMPO Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) public involvement process, as outlined in the Federal Highway Administration/Federal Transit Administration metropolitan transportation planning regulations (23 CFR 450/49 CFR 613), to satisfy the public hearing requirements for the Federal Transit Administration’s Urbanized Area Formula Program (49 U.S.C. Section 5307) program-of-projects.)