Citizen Advisory Committee - November 16, 2016
November 16, 2016
NOTICE OF MEETING
Citizen Advisory Committee
Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 3:00 p.m.
Honolulu Hale, Room 301
530 South King Street, Honolulu, Hawaii
Estimated Meeting Duration: 60 minutes
All meeting materials can be downloaded from the following link: https://www.oahumpo.org/about-mpo/committees/citizen-advisory-committee/
FOR DISCUSSION AND ACTION:
- Call to Order & Introductions
- Approval of the October 19, 2016 Meeting Minutes
- Reports of Policy Board and Technical Advisory Committee meetings
Summaries of October Policy Board and Technical Advisory Committee meetings
- Unfinished Business
There is no unfinished business.
- New Business
- Makakilo Traffic Plan – Kelly Akasaki
OahuMPO’s 2014 Overall Work Program (OWP) provided funding to the Department of Transportation Services (DTS) for Work Element (WE) 203.80-10 Makakilo Traffic Study. The study’s product and outcome was to assess the existing and future conditions needs to be done to ascertain requirements for and mitigate congestion impacts of the current and future operations of the roadway system in the study area. The project deliverables are available at: https://www.oahumpo.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/MakakiloTrafOpnsStudyFINAL.pdf
Requested Action: Recommend Policy Board approval as evidence that the work was carried out and direct staff to use the study recommendations in the OahuMPO’s planning processes.
- Invitation to interested members of the public to be heard on matters not included on the agenda
- Announcement of next scheduled meeting
Information on transit access via TheBus is available by calling 848-5555 or by visiting www.thebus.org. Pedestrian access is from Punchbowl and King Streets; bicycle racks are available at Honolulu Hale. Wheelchair access is provided in front of Honolulu Hale, parallel to King Street. Take elevators inside Honolulu Hale to the 3rd floor. Automobile parking is available in the City & County of Honolulu parking lot at the Fasi Municipal Building (free after 4:00 p.m.); entrances are located on Beretania & Alapai Streets.
Parking will not be validated.
To request language interpretation, or an auxiliary aid or service (i.e., sign language interpreter, or materials in alternative format), contact OahuMPO at 587-2015 (voice only) six (6) business days prior to the meeting date. TTY users may use TRS to contact our office.
To request language interpretation, an auxiliary aid or service (i.e., sign language interpreter, accessible parking, or materials in alternative format), contact OahuMPO at 587-2015 (voice only) six (6) days prior to the meeting date. TTY users may use TRS to contact our office.
PUBLIC TESTIMONY will be accepted on any agenda item. Testimony will be accepted as follows:
- Written documentation of oral testimony is requested (submit 1 original to OahuMPO staff).
- Any person wishing to speak on an agenda item may register by:
- Calling 587-2015 at least two (2) hours prior to the start of the meeting (please call prior to the close of the preceding business day if you wish to testify at meetings starting before 10:00 a.m.); or
- Signing up in person at the meeting prior to the start of the meeting; or
- Indicating you wish to testify by raising your hand when the Chair calls for testimony at the meeting.
- Note: Submittal of written testimony does not automatically place you on the list for oral testimony.
- To help facilitate the distribution of written testimony please submit to the OahuMPO office at least 24 hours prior to the start of the meeting (for Monday meetings or meetings after a holiday, please submit written testimony to the OahuMPO office by the prior business morning).
- Written testimony may be sent to the OahuMPO via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (587-2018), or mail to:
Oahu Metropolitan Planning Organization
707 Richards Street, Suite 200
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813-4623
Note: Submittal of written testimony does not automatically place you on the list for oral testimony. See above for ways you can provide oral testimony.
Note: Any personal information (such as home addresses, home phone numbers, cell phone numbers) included on the written testimony will become public information.
To request language interpretation, an auxiliary aid or service (i.e., sign language interpreter, or materials in alternative format), contact OahuMPO at 587-2015 (voice only) six (6) days prior to the meeting date. TTY users may use TRS to contact our office. Please note that requests made less than the six (6) days requested cannot be assured.
The City and County of Honolulu is using the OahuMPO Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) public involvement process, as outlined in the Federal Highway Administration/Federal Transit Administration metropolitan transportation planning regulations (23 CFR 450/49 CFR 613), to satisfy the public hearing requirements for the Federal Transit Administration’s Urbanized Area Formula Program (49 U.S.C. Section 5307) program-of-projects.)