Policy Board Meeting - July 29, 2016 1:00 p.m.
July 29, 2016
NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the
OAHU METROPOLITAN PLANNING ORGANIZATION
will be held on
Friday, July 29, 2016 at 1:00 p.m.
Hawaii State Capitol, Room 423
415 South Beretania Street, Honolulu, Hawai
I. Call to order by Chair
II. Introductions/Roll Call
III. Approval of June 24, 2016 Policy Board Meeting Minutes
A. Interim Executive Director
B. Technical Advisory Committee
C. Citizen Advisory Committee
V. Old Business
VI. New Business
A. FFYs 2015-2018 Transportation Improvement Program Revision #11
The Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) is a four-year schedule of surface transportation projects and programs for Oahu. The current TIP covers years 2015-2018. Twice annually proposed revisions to the TIP are entertained to allow for adjustments that reflect changes in project development and implementation. Revision #11 is an expedited administrative modification, which means that the proposed changes are relatively minor, but do require Policy Board approval because the sum of regular formula FHWA funds programmed for Oahu is reduced. The revision can be viewed here: https://www.oahumpo.org/?wpfb_dl=1048
Requested Action: Approve Revision #11 to the FFYs 2015-2018 TIP, as presented
B. FFYs 2015-2018 Transportation Improvement Program Revision #12
Revision #12 is an amendment to the TIP, which means that it proposes significant changes and requires a public review and comment period and review by the Advisory Committees prior to consideration by the Policy Board. The public review period ended on June 30, 2016. All public comments received regarding the draft amendment will be presented to the Policy Board. The amendment can be reviewed here: https://www.oahumpo.org/?wpfb_dl=1049. TIP Revision #12 includes the State Transportation Alternatives Program and Kamehameha Highway (RTE 83) Shoreline Mitigation in the vicinity of Kualoa, Kaawa, Punauu, and Hauula.
Requested Action: Approve Revision #12 to the FFYs 2015-2018 TIP, as presented.
VII. Invitation to interested members of the public to be heard on matters not included on the agenda
A. The next Policy Board meeting is scheduled for Friday, August 26th at 1:00 pm in the Hawaii State Capitol Room #423. There are no action items identified at this time.
To request language interpretation, an auxiliary aid or service (i.e., sign language interpreter, accessible parking, or materials in alternative format), contact OahuMPO at 587-2015 (voice only) three (3) days prior to the meeting date. TTY users may use TRS to contact our office.
PUBLIC TESTIMONY will be accepted on any agenda item. Testimony will be accepted as follows:
- Written documentation of oral testimony is requested (submit 1 original to OahuMPO staff).
- Any person wishing to speak on an agenda item may register by:
- Calling 587-2015 at least two (2) hours prior to the start of the meeting (please call prior to the close of the preceding business day if you wish to testify at meetings starting before 10:00 a.m.); or
- Signing up in person at the meeting prior to the start of the meeting; or
- Indicating you wish to testify by raising your hand when the Chair calls for testimony at the meeting.
- Note: Submittal of written testimony does not automatically place you on the list for oral testimony.
- To help facilitate the distribution of written testimony please submit to the OahuMPO office at least 24 hours prior to the start of the meeting (for Monday meetings or meetings after a holiday, please submit written testimony to the OahuMPO office by the prior business morning).
- Written testimony may be sent to the OahuMPO via e-mail (email@example.com), fax (587-2018), or mail to:
Oahu Metropolitan Planning Organization
707 Richards Street, Suite 200
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813-4623
Note: Submittal of written testimony does not automatically place you on the list for oral testimony. See above for ways you can provide oral testimony.
Note: Any personal information (such as home addresses, home phone numbers, cell phone numbers) included on the written testimony will become public information.
To request language interpretation, an auxiliary aid or service (i.e., sign language interpreter, or materials in alternative format), contact OahuMPO at 587-2015 (voice only) six (6) days prior to the meeting date. TTY users may use TRS to contact our office. Please note that requests made less than the six (6) days requested cannot be assured.
The City and County of Honolulu is using the OahuMPO Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) public involvement process, as outlined in the Federal Highway Administration/Federal Transit Administration metropolitan transportation planning regulations (23 CFR 450/49 CFR 613), to satisfy the public hearing requirements for the Federal Transit Administration’s Urbanized Area Formula Program (49 U.S.C. Section 5307) program-of-projects.)