The Draft FFYs 2016-2017 Overall Work Program (OWP) is available for download here.
The OWP identifies transportation-related planning studies (called work elements) as part of the metropolitan planning process. Studies are conducted in order to ensure compliance with Federal metropolitan planning regulations as well as to address current local transportation issues, problems, and priorities of City and State agencies.
OWP planning studies are conducted by City agencies, State agencies, or the OahuMPO through in-house staff or by a consultant. While federal funding is available for these studies, a 20-percent local match must be provided by the agency conducting the study.
In addition to the core work elements which are part of OahuMPO’s operations, other planning initiatives in FYs 2016 and 2017 include:
For the OahuMPO:
- OahuMPO Participation Plan Evaluation
- Title VI & Environmental Justice Monitoring
- Congestion Management Process Update
- Central Oahu Transportation Study
- Farrington Highway Realignment Feasibility Study
- Intelligent Transportation Systems Architecture and Plan Update
For the City Department of Transportation Services:
- PM Peak Period Tow Away Zone Time Modifications on Urban Arterials
- Oahu Mass Transit Joint Operational Feasibility Study
Please submit comments on the draft FYs 2016-2017 OWP no later than Friday, June 12, 2015 to:
Oahu Metropolitan Planning Organization
707 Richards Street, Suite 200
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813-4623