COLLECTION OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
The collection of personally identifiable information is required in order for OahuMPO to provide OahuMPO Services. However, OahuMPO does not share your personally identifiable information with any other party except in the provision of OahuMPO Services with notice to you identifying such other party by name, location, and contact. The following are certain situations in which OahuMPO may collect personally identifiable information about you:
2. OahuMPO may collect personally identifiable information from you to register you for an electronic mailing list. When you register online with OahuMPO, OahuMPO asks for personally identifiable information such as your name, address, e-mail address, occupation, industry, and other demographic information.
3. If you send OahuMPO personal correspondence, such as e-mails or letters, or if other users or third parties send OahuMPO correspondence about your activities or postings on the Site, OahuMPO may choose to collect such information into a file specific to you.
USE OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
OahuMPO does not share, loan, rent or sell your personally identifiable information except as required to provide OahuMPO Services. The following describes some of the ways that your personally identifiable information may be disclosed in the normal scope of business to provide OahuMPO Services:
1. OahuMPO may aggregate personally identifiable information and disclose such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to advertisers and other third parties for their marketing and promotional purposes. However, in these situations, OahuMPO does not disclose to these entities any information that could be used to identify you personally. Information such as your name, e-mail address, password, and credit and banking information, are not disclosed to these third parties in a personally identifiable manner without your explicit consent.
2. There may be services offered by third parties that OahuMPO refers to as third party service providers that may be complementary to your use of the Site. If you choose to use these third party services, disclose information to third party service providers, and/or grant them permission to collect information about you, then their use of your information is governed by the privacy policies of such third parties. OahuMPO does not disclose your personally identifiable information to third party service providers unless you provide your explicit consent. With your consent, OahuMPO may provide some of your personal information to third party service providers offering such services, for your convenience. To prevent OahuMPO’s disclosure of your personally identifiable information to a third party service provider, you can decline such consent or simply not use their services. Because OahuMPO does not control the privacy practices of these third parties, you should evaluate their practices before deciding to use their services.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, OahuMPO reserves the right (and you authorize OahuMPO) to share or disclose your personally identifiable information when OahuMPO determines, in its sole discretion, that the disclosure of your personally identifiable information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against you if:
2. You are interfering with another’s rights or property, including, without limitation, OahuMPO’s rights or property;
3. You are violating any applicable law, rule or regulation;
4. Necessary or required by any applicable law, rule or regulation; and/or
5. Requested by authorities in the event of any act of terrorism or instance of local, regional or national emergency.
CHANGES TO INFORMATION AND USE PREFERENCES
You may at any time request a copy of OahuMPO’s record of your personally identifiable information, change your personally identifiable information or use preferences, or opt-out of OahuMPO’s use of your personally identifiable information by contacting OahuMPO via any of the methods set forth below:
707 Richards St, Suite 200
Honolulu, HI 96813
Attention: Information Changes
Subscriptions to OahuMPO mailing list are verified by sending an e-mail confirmation to your e-mail address, which requires a positive response before an e-mail address is added to OahuMPO’s electronic mailing list. OahuMPO is compliant with the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act of 2003 (“CAN-SPAM”).
” Cookies” are alphanumeric identifiers in the form of text files that are inserted and stored by your Web browser on your computer’s hard drive. OahuMPO may set and access cookies on your computer to track and store preferential information about you and enable us to provide OahuMPO Services. OahuMPO also gathers anonymous information about its users through cookie technology on an aggregate level. Such aggregated information is used solely within OahuMPO’s internal organization and is not shared with third parties.
Personally identifiable information you submit to OahuMPO is password-protected for your privacy and security. In certain areas OahuMPO uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions. In the unlikely event that an unauthorized third party compromises OahuMPO security measures, OahuMPO will not be responsible for any damages directly or indirectly caused by an unauthorized third party’s ability to view, use or disseminate such information. OahuMPO will notify you in the event it becomes aware of an unauthorized use or compromise of your personally identifiable information and will take reasonable measures to limit further unauthorized use or compromise.
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES
ACCESS AND USE OF THE SITE
The Site is intended to be accessed and used only by adults and is not directed to children under the age of 18. OahuMPO does not knowingly permit registration or submission of personally identifiable information by anyone under the age of 18.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS